Chemistry that works with low environmental impact and high on Safety.
Technical Data Sheet
Rail Heater (10ft lengths)
FireSnake (80M010) is a specially formulated and packaged fuel ready to use for heating rail for repairs. The convenient 10 foot lengths make heating rail to expand joints for repair a safer job for workers and a cleaner job for the environment.
- Burns clean with little smoke
- Environmentally safe
- Packaging designed for safe use by rail maintenance workers
- 10 foot lengths easy to work with
- Workers choose how much to use to get the rail hot
- Metal bucket is re-useable for tools and other hauling needs in the field
10 foot plastic case rope, 2.5 inch diameter
5.9 - 6.2 lbs/10 ft
85 - 110 KU
385°F - 425°F
14 - 23 minutes
Visible 3" to 5" flame
Less than 0.1 lb
80M010 is based on a special alcohol blend modified with cellulose thickeners and enhanced with special fibers for maximum heat output. Upon combustion, the special fiber material used in this product releases nitrogen, water and carbon dioxide.
- For optimum performance read the following recommendations:
- Tamp FireSnakeŽ lengths along the flange of the rail. Use Rail spikes to help hold FireSnakeŽ on the flange to avoid roll-off. Works best when applied to windward side of rail.
- Use a fuse or other approved lighting method to ignite FireSnakeŽ every 2 - 3 feet along its length. Estimated burn time is 15 - 20 minutes
- Two cans of FireSnakeŽ will repair the normal "pull-apart" (1" - 2" gap). Note: under extreme conditions, it may be necessary to double up the FireSnakeŽ or add additional lengths.
- To avoid hazardous residue, allow FireSnakeŽ to burn completely and self extinguish. If you must extinguish the burning FireSnakeŽ, do not attempt to put out FireSnakeŽ by stepping on it. Dousing with water or smothering with sand or dirt will safely extinguish the burning product.
- Use Caution when opening the lid of the pail in case of vapor build-up. Do not smoke or have an open flame near pail when opening.
- Do not intentionally light FireSnakeŽ while in the pail. Do not cut FireSnakeŽ.
SAFETY: This product contains solvents and/or other chemical ingredients that mandate safety. Adequate health and safety precautions should be observed during storage, handling, and use.
READ MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEETS BEFORE USING THIS PRODUCT.
The technical data and suggestions for use in this product data sheet are currently correct to the best of our knowledge, but are subject to change without notice. Because application and conditions vary, and are beyond our control, we are not responsible for results obtained in using this product, even when used as suggested. The user should conduct tests to determine the suitability of the product for the intended use under then existing conditions. Any liability we may have with respect to a product or its use (including liability for breach of warranty, strict liability in tort, negligence or otherwise) is limited exclusively to replacement of the product or refund of its price. Under no circumstances are we liable for incidental and consequential damages.
Forrest Paint Co
1011 McKinley Street
Eugene, Oregon USA
© Copyright 2012. ® All rights reserved Forrest Paint Co